The Proposal



Sakshi was staring at the ceiling... the best time of her life it was... it was a few months since Arjun accepted slightly that he liked her as well... for Sakshi that was more than enough to be with him... 

Roses, chocolates, sweet messages or hugs... these weren’t a part of their relationship... sometimes a quick caress on the cheek or a faint smile... or just lingering his hand near hers - for a fraction of second... and yeah... he had toned down his anger on her... sometimes they would have lunch together... it would be a silent one... maybe converse about the cases... 

But for Sakshi that was more than enough... it was heaven for her... 

She remembered that day... 



I was being dropped home by Arjun... it was weird... kas he was silently listening to me... 

He dropped me at the gate and surprisingly switched off the engine... 

I looked at him inquiringly... “Umm... pani milega?(will I get water)” he asked... 

“Arrey kyun nahi (why not).. come to my home I would not only give you water.. in fact I would even cook up something for you!” I said excitedly and tugged his hesitant hand with mine to my apartment... 

Before he could enter I was like.. “Wait... will be back after 5 minutes... you come after that!”  I said and entered my home where it looked like a hurricane was on fore.. well Arjun really doesn't drop by everyday na!

Arjun shook his head and entered.. “Leave it Sakshi.. it’s fine...” he was about to sit on the sofa when he noticed a hot pink and black cloth peeping out from the pillow... 

Amused he pulled it out and I gaped in shock and lunged on him... “Arjun don't see!” I panted... unaware that I literally had crushed him... 

“Why...” his voice trailed as he saw and understood that it was actually a hot pink and black... bra... 

He flustered and I practically trekked over him and snatched it and went to my room... dumping everything in my room my living room finally looked sane... 

Arjun couldn’t stop smirking... “Now what?” I asked... thoroughly embarrassed... 

“Nothing... it’s pretty interesting that you can blush and remain quiet like other girls...” Arjun said sarcastically...

“Arrey obvi na you are a guy and in your hand if you have my br...” I stuck my tongue out in severe embarrassment as he rested on the kitchen counter staring at my stupidity... 

I kept my dupatta aside and tucked my hair behind my ear nervously... getting a cup of tea and biscuits we both decided to sit at the balcony.. 

He looked at me and asked suddenly “Why do you  love me?” I was shocked out of my wits... I was about to to refuse with some fake excuse but I was terrible at lying... 

“Sakshi.. don't bother about an excuse... I know it...” he told me... as he sipped the hot tea I mustered all my courage to ask him.. “How?”

“Umm... your eyes... they can't lie... then your body language... it's written in bold that you love me...” he said as if it was a usual thing... 

“Dunno Arjun kaise how it happened... it just happened... I know you will say no and that I must forget you.. as you have lost your wife and will remember her forever... I respect that... truly... but forgetting you! That's not going happen.. I just want you to be happy... and I can do anything to keep you happy... and love ain't obligatory? You don’t have to love me back... I care for you.. worry about you.. and yeah.. I know it's a cheesy Bollywood dialogue .. I can give my life for you...” I breathed out to find him looking at me... 

I scratched my head... and gently looked into his eyes... what surprised me was the slight smile on his face...

“Sakshi... me too... perhaps.. like you... and maybe I want to move on... it would take time... but can you...” I stopped his words and held his hand...

“Don’t worry... I am ready to be a silent non demanding non questioning gf !” I winked at him... 

He chuckled and withdrew his hand... nothing else happened that night... 

Before leaving he stood near the door... “Thanks...” he said... I dramatically held my heart... “Arjun... anyways today I became your gf... and then you smiled... now thanks... bachchi ko zinda nahi rakhoge kya! (won't you keep me alive!) ” I joked... 

He shook his head negatively but I saw that teeny smile creep on the corner of his lips... 

I stood on my toes and gave him a bright smile... he left as usual... but then he turned back and nodded at me as I frantically waved back to him... 

“Whose thoughts are you lost in?” Shree asked... 

“Of your brother in law's... Arjun Suryakant Rawte! Haye!”  I said dreamily.. 

Haye... he would cup my cheeks and kiss them... Oh God... when I was rudely woken up...

“Aha... so you are already on your way to wedding night?” Liza teased...  I picked up my file and hit her... 

“Shut up! Anyways you pine for Shree... but giving me big dialogues!” I laughed... my face turning red... 

“Liz...you love me?” Shree asked astonished! Liz fumbled with her fingers... 

“Guys... keep the discussion on... I need to go!” I winked and walked towards Arjun’s cabin... 

I met Ayesha on the way... she was bubbling in excitement... “Come...  let's talk in Arjun's cabin... anyways I got speak to him...” I nudged her... 

She smiled and sat on the couch... she spoke about the dinner last night... it was all normal.. but she could sense a change in Sameer’s behavior... when he dropped her home he too walked out of his car and followed her till the doorstep..

(Ayesha’s POV)

“Ayesha...” he hesitated and looked at me... 

“Hmm...” I answered playing with the keys...

“Tonight was great...” He said and shoved his hands in his pocket... 

I smiled and kept my hair behind my ear... 

He took a deep breath and looked at me.. coming closer till I hit the wall... he pecked my cheek softly... “I love you” he whispered in my ears... 

“Deva! Awesome!” I jumped out of the couch and danced as Ayesha blushed... “Then then then then.. pleej..” I begged.. 

Ayesha said that she too felt the same and he took her out for a long drive and they sat on the beech... 

I pushed her for some more details.... Sameer also wished to marry her as soon as possible and Ayesha too wanted the same... being 29 she was getting pressurized... but now she too wanted her married life to begin... even though she was pretty content before... now that she had Sameer... things looked better on the other front... 

I hugged her... my eyes were twinkling in happiness... 

“Btw Sakshi what about you and Arjun sir... 6 months right... any progress” Ayesha asked excitedly.. 

I put my hands on my waist... “Miss. Ayesha Kapoor to be Mrs. Sameer Rathore... we work in this crime branch to solve cases and and work... this is Crime Branch...  not Dharamshanti Matrimonials ...” I imitated Arjun while she burst into laughter... 

“Now itself you have this state Sakshi! Ok I gotto go... Sameer called me...” Ayesha said... 

“Oho... go go... and yeah don’t worry... cabin is sound proof !” I winked at her then she left blushing all the way... and I saw Arjun standing on the door looking at me... 

“Woh Arjun... actually Mehta waala case main na ek link mila tha... about you know his daughter... woh toh Ram se pyaar karti thi.. par Ram toh Shudra caste ke hai... aur Piyali toh Brahmin... isliye shayad... kahi honor killing ko suicide ki case main toh nahi badla gaya?” I asked.. Arjun nodded... 

“Don’t worry Sakshi... waise bhi Chotu ab uski pita ko achchi tarha se drilling kar raha hai... nikal jayenge saare baat... and yeah.. I think you are right.. so case is as good as solved...” Arjun said... 

“Ok... ab main jaati hoon... agar kuch kaam hai toh aa javungi!” I smiled but then Arjun motioned me to sit on the couch... 

I sat on the couch and he sat next to me...for the first time in 6months I saw his eyes holding a wary look... I clasped his hand... “Kya hua Arjun?”

“Woh.. Sakshi.. I heard the convo between you and Ayesha.. she got proposed... Sam kissed her... aur tum khush thi... main.. I have not done anything...” I stopped his words with my lips on his fingers... I took it back immediately... I knew he didn’t like to be physically intimate... and I appreciated that.... 

“Dekho Arjun... bura lag raha hai that you have not given me a grand proposal and stuff like that... par mujhe bura nahi laga... see I know you are by my side aur itna hi kafi hai mere liye... and Sameer and Ayesha is older than us na... 32 and 29... jaha pe tum 29 ho aur main 25... toh we have time... par yeh bakwaas chodo... and look at me.. mere liye tum chand tare todo... that really does not make a difference for me.. hum jo ek saath lunch karte hai and sometimes you look at me... I am happy... trust me..” I smiled...

“Aur rahi baat intimacy ki... I am so happy ki tumne kabhi woh line cross nahi kiya... I am happy we didn’t do anything... seriously... you respect me and I do the same... yeh kaafi hai meri poori zindagi main...” I said seriously...

“Tum compromise kyun kar rahi ho Sakshi?” he asked slowly... 

“Main aur compromise... don’t worry Arjun.. maine tumhe itna fancy aur lust kiya hai ki poocho mat... jab tum Conference Hall main woh intense looks dete ho na... toh mentally  mere fantasy buttons on ho jaate hai... hot dikhte ho total.. so don’t worry... compromise kya I am toh enjoying it... and you know what... intense aur silent lover ho na... toh imagination ke liye aur bhi behtar hote hai...” I spoke in one shot to find him gaping at me... 

“Tum mujhe fancy aur lust karte ho?” he spoke disbelievingly...

“Nahi... Sameer ko karti hoon... kya Arjun... obvi tumhe na... kabhi kabaar sochti hoon ki Ranveer Singh too is not a bad option.. par tum phir bechare ki daant tor doge... pyaar tumse kiya hai toh haq banta hai na... maine toh mentally kya kya socha hai yeh tum kya jano...” I said... to find him looking at me as if horns grew on my head... 

I burst into laughter and held my stomach... “Arjun.. tumhara shakal dekhne layak tha... don’t worry... maine tumhari izzat pe haat nahi daali!” I choked while laughing... he shook his head... 

“Tum kabhi serious nahi ban sakti kya?” he asked irritated... 

I stopped laughing and looked at him in the eye... “Jis din ban javungi tum apne aap ko blame karoge aur mujhe chod na chahoge so as to I have a better life...” his orbs met mine... 

He held my hand and gave me a look of understanding and gratitude... I smiled... 

Before leaving his cabin I asked “Waise Arjun you have 6 packs ya 8 packs?” 

“6 packs... par kyun?” He asked bewildered... 

“Nahi... woh imagination ke liye easier hoga!” I winked at him and left.. 

As I sat on my desk... I did feel empty.. it’s true even I dreamt of a romantic lover... who would do this and that... but then I smiled... Arjun defeated all of them... why? For the basic reason that he cares for me and protects me... and he won’t leave my side... isse zyada chahiye aur kya... aur phir mere fantasies hai na! 

I scribble on my diary and leave for home... laughing my head off over his reaction.. but at least he was amused! Mission succeeded!
----------------------------------------
Arjun’s POV...

I was simply amazed by her blend of maturity and immaturity... perhaps she had understood me better than what I had... a great partner she was for me... she never asked anything... was quiet when it came to that... and if I was ever depressed... she would talk it out with me... we never went in the other direction...

I never gave her roses and she never asked... I never kissed her neither did she lean forward... 

Whenever I felt guilty of having bound her to a loveless guy like me she would always give me answers at which I would be amused and almost be on the verge of laughing... she loved me truly indeed...

I sighed as Sam entered my room to fill me in with the details and I couldn’t help but tease him a little... 

“Sakshi ka achcha asar ho raha hai tujhpe... mera kya tang kheech raha hai... khud ki nazar hath ti nahi usse!” he smiled.. 

“Kash main kuch aur kar sakta that would.. like...” I fumbled... 

“Why are you not being able to open up Arjun... ab kis baat ki darr hai?” Sam patted my shoulder... 

“I wouldn’t be betraying Roshni right? And what about... agar Sakshi ko kuch ho jaye then... she maybe not wanting to make me the father of her children cause I am a dead guy... main usse uski deserved amount of love nahi de paa raha hoon... I buried my head in my hands... 

“If you die would you want Sakshi to remain like a widow forever...” Sam asked me..

“No.. she should move on...” my voice trailed as I found my own answer...

“Aur paagal hai... I am sure she must be waiting for her first kiss! And obviously you are the only guy with whom she would want to have her children too! Aur how would it be if something happened to her aur tu usse bata bhi nahi paaya ki tu usse kitna mohabbat karta hai... and about not giving love... toh ab de... propose her.. how Arjun would do... she just needs a heartfelt confession... nothing more than that... trust me...” Sam assured me and I smiled.. I finally heard from someone else what my heart was telling me for the past few months...

I got up from my seat and rubbed the creases on my jeans... “Tujje love guru banna chhiye!” I smirked and walked ahead... 

Sameer patted my shoulder “Don’t worry... sab kuch theek ho jayega... I swear her expression today would be worth seeing it...” he smiled... 

I nodded and completed my work... I went to my  home and thought of something... she loves me so much that she would be happy with anything... but I don’t want to give her anything... it has to be special... 

I opened my book and thought... her favorite color... umm anything... favorite flowers - never told cause never asked... 

Sheesh... I wanted to make things special and here I am clueless what to do... I know even if I went in front of her in home clothes and say marry me she would react as if I proposed her in front of the Eiffel Tower.. 

I hit my head on my palm... 

When I remembered her fascination for stars... wait... I got it... 

I rushed to the home store and bought a light and some plants... I bought few white pillows and then went back home... 

I grinned as I expected her reaction... 

Reaching home I looked at a corner where the proposal would be perfect.. Idea!

I went into the store room and took the Lizol out... I mopped the “spot” of proposal... 

Clearing it I set some plants here and there... then I thought about the lights... it’s her favorite.. at least she seems to be fascinated by those... I hung them around the railing... and on the wall... 

Then I picked up a bench... my workout bench but it looked like any other black bench... pushing it to the corner I placed the pillows here and there... 

The area looked pretty... but the rest of the house and I were a total disaster... I ran into the washroom and stood under the shower... and the taps were loose... amazing... 

This house really needed a makeover... 

I pulled out the box which had the ring I bought for Sakshi... I couldn’t give her Roshni’s ring... because... I didn’t leave her... Roshni is a part for me... and so is Sakshi now... I brushed my thoughts and looked at the pathetic house - I needed to hire someone... really urgent!

But I didn’t have time for that... I pulled on a simple shirt and half pants and called up Sam... he reached within 20 minutes... he too was impressed!

But then he looked at me... “Tu yeh pehen ke jayega?” he asked... 

“Right... main ek shirt aur jeans pehenke jaata hoon..” I said... “Arjun... tu office nahi jaa raha hai!” Sam said... 

“Wait main Ayesha se poochta hoon...” he said and I rolled my eyes.. 

I decided to order some food... she was any day a competition to Chotu... yet how did she remain so slim? 

“Haan jaan... acha.. ok.. fine.. hmm.. luv u too... hmm.. ya...” Sam answered... I picked up the phone from him...

“Sameer... haan baba I love you too.. itna” Ayesha answered on the other end of the phone...

“Arjun here..” I said and Ayesha swore on the phone.. “Oh God.. sorry sir.. yes sir.. koi kaam hai...” she replied and I could imagine her flustered face...

Sameer gave me a murderous glare... I royally ignored that... “Ayesha... what should I wear agar main Sakshi ko like you know... you...” I fumbled...

“Sir... aap yaha kuch nahi bol paa rahe hai Sakshi ke saame.. ahm.. I mean... ek black hoodie aur jean ke saath pehno... thoda sa gelled hair maybe... like.. you have to look handsome while proposing...” Ayesha said...

“Tumhe kaise... oh yaa.. Sam hai... aise kaise ho sakta hai ki tumhe kuch pata nahi... ok... enjoy...” I said sarcastically and handed over the phone... 

After few minutes of teasing I changed into a v-neck hoodie and jeans... Sam grinned... “Achcha lag raha hai... college ki times yaad aa gaye..” he smiled... 

I just shook my head.. “ab chal... nikkal... acha... sun.. I have a plan...” I whispered something in Sam’s ear...
----------------------------------------------------

Sakshi’s POV

I sat on the bed staring at the ceiling.. I always feel slightly scared when Arjun feels that I should be with someone else... 

But then I know he got my point... I ain’t leaving him... simple... pyaar ke lie yeh sab ki kya zaroorat hai... 

Even if he tells me that he wants to marry me I would be more than happy... I wouldn’t want anything more... when I hear the bell ring... 

At 9 in the night?

I frown and walk towards the door... 

“Arjun!” I gasp... I mean this is unusual.. .and over that he’s looking handsome! Ok he always does... 

“Sakshi mujhe peephole se ghoorna band karo aur darwaza kholo.” he says.. Damn! how does he know?

I open the door and see him in the (hot) v neck hoodie and jeans... he has a small smile on his lips and I royally stare at him... 

He looks around a little uncomfortably and I realized I hadn’t welcomed him... he is about to sit on the sofa when both of our eyes meet... 

I peer over his shoulders to see that this time nothing is there on the sofa!

We both turn slightly red as we recall the memory... I tie my hair into a bun... when he shocks me by giving a little packet.. 

“Hein?” I look at him... 

“Ek... umm... gift...” he says and shuffled his feet... 

“Arjun... kya baat hai... you look very unsettled... hua kya?” I asked concerned... he shurgs my hand away...

“Kuch nahi Sakshi... bas ek gift...” he says... 
I nod my head and open the box and gasp at the pretty dress in front of me... I fling the box away and catch the dress in my hand...

“Kaisa laga?” he asked... 

“Arjun it’s beautiful... par yeh expensive ho gaya... itna kharch kyun kiya?” I asked.. 

He gently held my hand... “Pehli baar kuch khareeda hai tumhare liye... itna kharch kar hi sakta hoon...” his tone held a different tone...

I smiled and hugged him... and surprisingly he hugged me back... 

“Wait... main abhi change karke aati hoon!” I smiled and ran into the room... 

I wore the gown carefully... small tears formed my eyes as I thought he bought this... 

I opened my hair and kept it on the other side... 

I gently walked into the hall.. my heart started pounding when he got up from the sofa and looked at me... I felt conscious of the bare shoulder... I looked down and shuffled my feet... 

-----------------------------------

Arjun’s POV

I felt her fragrance and turned behind to see her coming towards me... my breath stopped... I stared at her... she looked like an angel... she looked breathtaking... her shiny soft hair was at one side... her milky skin was beautifully highlighted... her eyes had deep brown kajal on them... her lips slightly pouted as she had applied slight lipstick to it... her cheeks were red... I didn’t know whether she had applied blush or it was because of me... 

I slightly chinned her up... her blush grew deeper... when Sam called... “Haan.. kya.. case... ok.. coming..” I said... 
“Arjun main iss haalat main... lagta hai ki main shadi main jaa rahi hoon.. wait for a minute!” She said and started jumping around...

I caught her hand “Sakshi.. chalo... emergency hai...” I said and picked up a shirt and pant from the sofa “Theek hai... office jaake change karegne... ab chalo.” I commanded and she hobbled before me... 

Till I walked to the parking I saw everybody staring at my pretty Sakshi... 

One of the aunties asked... “Arrey Sakshi beta.. yeh kaun hai..”

“Waapas aake batati hoon... ab jaana hai!” Sakshi answered back...

I sat in the car and started it... then she looked at me... “Arjun.. yeh mere home clothes hai... yaha toh main Barbie doll banke ghoom rahi hoon aur tum ho ki! Uff!” she hit her soft palm on her forehead... 

She was so busy in chatting that she didn’t realize we reached at my place... 

I simply gazed at my chatterbox as she kept on complaining when I held her arm and looked at her... 

She stopped speaking and gazed down... “Tum humesha neecha kyun dekhte ho jab main tumhe dekhta hoon?” I asked... 

“Kuch nahi.. wait... Arjun... hum tumhare ghar ke saamne kya kar rahe hai?” she asked... 

I pulled out a cloth and covered her eyes... 

“Arjun.. yeh kya kar rahe ho? Arjun... wait.. yeh tum hi ho na! Arrey Deva.. kisine kidnap to nahi kar liya! Arrey Arjun!!!” she called out and I rolled my eyes...

“Main hi hoon... mere paas rehne se koi tumhe kidnap kaise kar sakta hai!” I asked... 

“Oh.. par ye patti.. Arjun... tum kya kar...” her voice trailed off as I held her hand and gently led her along... I  unlocked my apartment and we both entered.. she clutched my hand tightly... 

I held her waist gently to reassure her but she gasped and turned into shades of crimson... 

I smiled a little... “Arjun... main please apne aankhein kholu.. mujhe andhere se darr lagta hai please...” she said softly.. 

I immediately opened her eyes... she looked petrified... “Sakshi pehle kyun nahi batayi ki tumhe darkness se phobia hai?” I held her cheek... she quickly hugged me tight... I closed my eyes as I felt her thudding heart against mine...

----------------------------------------------

Sakshi’s POV

I hugged him and a wave of relief passed by me... usual darkness does not fright me... but the fact when my eyes are tight it scares me... but I slowly breathe in his musky fragrance and I felt his hands drawing small circles on my shoulders... I guess this has been the most intimate moment between us..  I gently parted when he cupped my cheek...

“Sakshi... mud ke dekho...” he said huskily... 

I turned towards the balcony door and opened it... when I stepped out I was astounded... 

My heart pounded against my heart... I couldn’t believe what was happening... he did.. all this for me?

I looked at the tiny lights he had set up... I placed my trembling hands over my mouth... I didn’t realize when the tears flowed out from my eyes...

I closed my eyes and opened it again... everything blurred... the lights, decoration, nothing mattered... the fact that he did this for me.. if I had to die today I would be happy enough... 
I turned behind and looked at him... he was standing expectantly...

He frowned on seeing me cry and wiped my tears away... I crashed myself into his chest and started sobbing... he seemed confused... “Thank you Arjun...” I sobbed out...

-----------------------------------

Arjun’s POV

I was stunned by the intensity of emotions... I hugged her back.. she trembled in my arms as she continued to sob... “Ssh... you deserve this Sakshi...” I whispered and she looked up at me... she looked even more pretty with her pink cheeks and pink nose... 

I caressed her cheek  and planted my lips against her forehead... she shivered and clutched my hand tightly... I couldn’t believe she would be so overwhelmed... she slowly parted from me and tried to control her breathing... every time she looked around she covered her mouth with her palm... 

And I was content...

---------------------------------------------------

Sakshi slowly wiped her tears away and sat on the small sofa... for her it was still a dream... a fantastic dream... her eyes weren’t dry even for a second... 

Arjun passed her a glass of water... she looked at him... no words came from her mouth... he held her hand... with an affectionate squeeze... she smiled back.. wiping her tears away... 

But for Sakshi her heart started thudding when he kneeled down before her... holding both of her palms in his he took a deep breath... 

She started trembling... tears started flowing out... she knew what was coming up... but it was too good to be true... 

“Sakshi...” he started... she nodded... telling him she had her utmost attention on him... 

“Maine shayad yeh kabhi jataya nahi that how much you mean for me... tum sach main sab kuch ho mere liye Sakshi... everything... I know I should have said this before... I love you... I love you Sakshi...” his voice trembled as he put forth his heart to her... she looked aside clutching his hands tightly... they had turned ice cold...

He gently kissed her cold knuckles and she looked at him... he left one hand and dug into his pocket... Sakshi’s eyes widened and she kept her hand near her thudding heart... 

Bringing out the ring from the box... he produced a sapphire diamond ring and held it in front of her... his heart was pounding... he shivered as well.. he interlocked his fingers with hers... 

Taking another breathe he smiled... put the ring in front of her... she led out a soft cry on seeing that... “Sakshi...” he said ... his voice shivered as well... but before he could complete she kneeled down and held his hand on her forehead and sobbed... 

“Nahi.. pls... mat ro Sakshi... please...” he said softly... unaware of his moistened eyes... she looked at him... “Will you..” he couldn’t complete as she flung her arms around his neck and hugged him tight... “Yes... Yes ... YES!” she said and hugged him tight... 

Soft tears fell and they remained hugging each other... after a few minutes they parted.. he wiped her tears away and pushed back the tendrils of her hair... he took her beautiful fingers in his hand... kissing her ring finger he slid the ring into her finger... she looked at her own finger in amazement and kissed her own hand... 

She stood up and wiped her tears away... “I AM GETTING MARRIED!!!!” She screamed on top of her voice... she laughed and cupped her own cheeks... she twirled around the balcony... her dress flowing in beautiful swirls... her cheeks acquired a natural glow and her eyes twinkled brighter than the stars above... she sat in the corner of the sofa and looked around... the cool breeze and chilly weather adding to the beauty... 

She noticed that Arjun was leaning on the wall and just looked at her.. 

Sakshi blushed and asked... “Kya dekh rahe ho?” she asked softly... 

He settled next to her and said... “Kuch nahi...” 

Sakshi fumbled.. somehow she felt shy and she buried her face in her palms... 

“Waise I love you too...” she answered...her face in her palms.. 

He removed her palms and pulled her closer... Sakshi held the jacket of his hoodie and looked into his eyes.. a glimmer of hope was there which was very faint before... as his hands cupped her cheeks she turned into deep crimson...

“Sakshi...” he said softly... his breath fanning on her cheeks... 

She looked at him expectantly... 

He smiled at her and finally placed his warm lips on her soft ones... 

She put her arms around his neck and closed her eyes to savor the feeling...

They were ardent and sweet... he softly nipped her upper lip and deepened the kiss... after few minutes they parted... placing a kiss on her forehead she rested her head on his chest... 

“Arjun... I love you too...” she whispered and snuggled more... 

His fingers stroked through her hair... he smiled content... “Par Sakshi...” he started...

“Main wahi khadoos rahoonga aur office main zyaada romance nahi karunga... shaadi ke liye waqt hai aur naya life main adjust karne ke liye time lagega... hai na?” She said... 

“Tumhe kaise pata?” He asked... surprised... 

“Inn 6 mahino main kya main sirf reports likhti gayi? Huh?” she asked... putting her head up...

“Nahi.. tum toh mujhe fantasize aur lust karte the na!” he teased her... 

Sakshi turned red... “Woh toh mood light karne ke liye kaha tha...” she clarified... 

“Really?” he raised an eyebrow.. 

“Satau mat Arjun!” she pouted... 

“Abhi se!” Arjun said.. “Maine toh kuch kiya bhi nahi..” he teased her further... 

“Mujhe woh khadoos achcha lagta hai.. acha Arjun... sach sach batao... achanak aise kaise?” Sakshi asked... 

“Main waqt ka intezaar karta raha... pata nahi kya... it’s something that I...” he started...

“Can’t explain in words...” she completed and hugged him... “Sakshi.” he called her...

“Hmm...” she said... “Hum jald se jald shadi karenge... I have made you wait long enough...” he said emotionally... 

Her eyes moistened and she started sobbing again... his shirt turned wet as she buried her face in his chest.. 

He took her face into his hands again and claimed her lips softly ... sealing his fate with hers...
----------------------------------------------------------------

2 weeks later... 

5 days left for wedding... 

“Arrey Ramu kaka mennu bataya tha ni ki mennu bas butter chicken aur paneer makhani chahiye... yeh biryani kaha se aagaya ji! Meri vaddi beti ko butter chicken pasand aur choti ko paneer makhani... hai na! ” A middle aged woman glared at the bechara caterer 

“Arrey Samdhanji aap i cheez main farak na lo... aapki laado toh humari beti se bhi kam nahi... zaroor kuch hua hoga... aap ek minute rukiye... hum abhi humari hone waale bahu ko bulaate hai...” another middle aged woman said... 

“Par Ambika ji aise Samdhanji na bulao... ainvayi door ki rishtidar lagte hai! Aur aap choti dulhan ya vaddi dulhan ko bula rahe ho kya?” the previous woman asked... 

“Dono ko Amanpreet ji... Ramu kaka... dono ko kahi dekha hai?” the other lady asked... 

“Rathore memsaab aur Kapoor memsaab... humne aaj subah se Ayesha baby aur Sakshi baby ko kahi nahi dekha... Mata Rani ki kasam!” the caterer said... 

“Ambika ji... ruko... oye Ramu kaka... gal dasso.. subah se iss Sameer sahab ya Arjun sahab ko kahi vekheya?” Mrs. Kapoor said...

“Ji... Kapoor memsahab... nahi ji...” Ramu kaka said... 

“Theek hai aap jao..” Mrs. Rathore said...

“Dekha Ambika ji... dono ghayab hai... kuch nahi hoga in mundo ka...” Amanpreet Kapoor put her hands on her waist... 

“Ki gal hai soniyo? Aise tension main kya baat hai... Kabse mennu aur Damsingh ji vekkhe jaa rahe hai ki aap dono khusur pusur kar rahe hai...” Mr. Rajdheer Kapoor said... 

“Han ji.. kya baat hai Ambi?” Mr. Damsingh Rathore said... 

“Dekho na... aaj sangeet hai aur humare dono bachche... Sameer aur Arjun... aur humari hone waali lugai Ayesha aur Sakshi... ghayab hai!” Ambika complained... 

Damsingh and Rajdheer laughed their hearts out... “Oh soniyo... yaad nahi hai hai kya ki hum dono bhi subah subah kitthe ghayab ho gaye the!” Rajdheer winked at Amanpreet... she blushed heavily... 

While Damsingh too muttered a similar thing to Ambika... 

“Chalo Amanpreet ji... yeh dono toh  baaz hi nahi aane waalein hai! Dono ki bachchon ki shadi hai aur iss umar main bhi yeh saare baatein! Tauba!” Ambika blushed and walked off... followed by a red Amanpreet... 

Both the men just hi-five each other!

Meanwhile at other part of the fort...

Ayesha struggled to get her lehenga right... “Uffo... maa aur mummy... dono ko yeh hi pasand aaya... min kaha jeans aur shirt main khush thi... iss lehenga ka kya karoon... baand bhi nahi sakti!” she muttered when someone knocked the door... 

“Haan bibi aao...” Ayesha said... “Bibi.. iss lehenga ko fix karne main madat karo na... please!” she said but to her surprise two warm hands wrapped around her slender waist... 

“Sameer!” she gasped to find him winking at her... 

Ayesha looked on and realized that she hadn’t worn her dupatta and was just in front of him with her blouse and lehenga... “Hatto! Chi Sameer... sharam nahi hai na aapko!” she blushed and turned aside... 

Sameer rested his chin on her shoulder and gave her a small kiss... “Apni woh kya kehte hai... votti se kya sharam!” he laughed... 

Ayesha looked at him in surprise “Tum Punjabi seekh rahe ho!”

“Tum apna naam chod rahi ho.. maa baap ko chod rahi ho... yaha tak apna poora jeevan sirf mere liye de rahi ho... main Punjabi na seekhu?” he touched his head with hers to find tears going down her eyes... he gently wiped them with his lips... “Nahi Ayesha... isske baad humari life main bohot saari khushi... aur bohot saare bachche!” he tapped her nose tip!

“Haan.. kya bachche! Sameer aap kaafi aage soch rahe hai!” Ayesha laughed... Sameer too laughed and helped in setting her lehenga tight... he gently draped the dupatta over her... 

Ayesha smiled as Sameer kissed her forehead... she loved the way they would romance but never cross the line... “Ab chalo mujhe nikalna hai... agar Sakshi the great aa gayi na... tab gaya... Times Of India main humara romance chap jayega!” Sameer laughed and gave Ayesha a quick peck before leaving... 

At the terrace of the fort... 

“Kya dekh rahi ho Sakshi?” Arjun asked as Sakshi sat next to him on a stone bench... seeing the sunset... 

“Kuch nahi... kabhi kabar yakeen hi nahi aata...” Sakshi answered... placing a lock behind her ear... 

Arjun smiled and clasped her hand... “Kyun?” he asked.. 

She rested her head on his shoulder... “Aise hi... Arjun... tum kahi apne aap ko forcefully khush toh nahi bana rahe ho na?” she voiced her doubt... 

Arjun looked at her worriedly... he cupped her cheeks in his hands and looked at her tensed face... 

“Aisi kyun soch rahi ho Sakshi... I am truly happy... trust me... I swear...” Arjun wiped out the small tears near her eyes... 

“Woh main... darr lagta hai Arjun... if I would be able to do everything right.. agar kuch ghalat kar dia.. tumhe khush na rakh payi toh? You see main toh official paagal hoon na... par tum toh theek thaak ho na... aur agar meri pagalpan se tum upset ho jao toh!” she asked... her tensed eyes full of worry...

Arjun’s lips broke into a small smile on hearing the innocent complaint of Sakshi.. he pressed her cheeks and said... “Sakshi... tum bhi na... pata hai na pyaar isliye karta hoon kyunki main paagal hoon... aur darr... woh toh mujhe hai... you deserve the best husband... I don’t know if I can surprise you and give you the best... I am afraid that I might still be a bit cold... I don’t know Sakshi..” he voiced his worries... 

Sakshi smiled and opened her arms... signaling Arjun to come close... he gently hugged her and she tightened the embrace... “Arjun.. main badi chipku type hoon... and you are my Hero...” she stopped for a second as she could feel his hard toned body crush against hers... “Aur as long as I am the only person you love... and give me such a hug jissme meri dimaag ki batti bhi off ho jaye na... in short as long as I can rest in your arms... that’s all that means for me...” she said softly and kissed his neck... 

Arjun looked into her face and rubbed her nose against his... she giggled a little and played with his shirt buttons... he looked at her... “Sakshi... abhi se shuru kar doon kya?” he asked signaling the buttons that were open... Sakshi turned red and slapped Arjun on his arm.. “Tum bhi na Arjun!” she laughed but lovingly gave him a wet kiss on his lips... “5 din ke liye intezaar karo baby... you have no idea what I have in store!” she winked at him to find him looking at her and laughing at her antics!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Sangeet

“Liz... tu matlab... sachchi... as in... you... luv me... dude I mean.. it’s epic yaar! Just like when the norton anti virus acts on the software to prevent Trojan from attacking ensuring the longevity of the computer...” Shree blabbered on to find Arjun and Sameer looking at him and their palms on their head... and Liza disappeared!

“Shree... I mean anyday me and Sam have proposed our loved ones better... tum computer classes sikha rahe ho kya!” Arjun crossed his arms above his chest...

He turned aside to see Sameer gaping ... he and Shree followed Sameer’s line of sight and their mouth stood open as three gorgeous divas stepped into the hall...

The divas blushed and couldn’t help looking at their drop dead handsome lovers....

The trio came on the hall and sat next to their respective ones... slight glances were passed between Liza and Shree... 

“Ayesha... lehenga theek hai ya kuch karu?” Sameer winked at a red Ayesha... “Sameer!” she said softly...

“Aye haye... iss sherwani main tumhara 6 packs saaf saaf idkhaye de rahe hai!” Sakshi nudged Arjun while he just whispered near her ears “Achi lag rahi ho...” near her lips sending shivers up her spine... 

“Acha... romance khatam ho gaye ho toh main gaana shuru karoon... please!” Chotu said.. 

The couples glared at Chotu and he started the song... 

Imagining his 11.30 he started - 

Dekha jo tujhe yaar dil main baji guitar!

Sakshi and Ayesha burst into laughter... Shree joined the floor and indirectly winked at Liza... 

To their surprise Sam went on floor and he started

Laung Da Lishkara
Oh baby teri jaan se pyaara
Oh baby tere chamka dil sadda
Oh baby tera yaar di Patyalvi!

Ayesha followed him and held his arm...

Oye hoye... Patiala peg laga ke kenda hai kenda hai...
Kal yun mile toh chup ye renda hai renda hai
Chanda mere 
Chaddo parein...
Mishki si gur si meethi baatein raine de!

Sakshi stood from her place and whistled for Ayesha “Cha jao mere jaans!” she hooted for them and Arjun just looked at her glowing face... she seemed so happy... and so did he... an idea came into his mind and he called Shree... 

Whispering something in Shree’s ears... he nodded and left to do his job... after some time a romantic track started... 

Kehte hain khuda ne iss jahan mein sabhi ke liye
Kisi na kisi ko hai banaya har kisi ke liye

Sameer smiled and held Ayesha close... nuzzling in her neck slightly... 

and to everyone’s surprise Arjun held out his hand to Sakshi... she remained shocked as he took her hand and led her to the dance floor... keeping his forehead on hers the song continued...

Tera milna hai uss rab ka ishaara maanu
Mujhko banaya tere jaise hi kisi ke liye

Sakshi smiled as tears formed again at the edge... Sameer signaled a thumbs up to Arjun and Sakshi just looked in his eyes... after a few moments she rested her head on his heart as they slowly swayed through the music... 

Kuch toh hai tujhse raabta 
Kuch toh hai tujhse raabta 
Kaise hum jaane hume kya pata 
Kuch toh hai tujhse raabta

Liza and Shree shared an eyelock and then both blushed aside... Sameer and Ayesha laughed on Shriza’s situation while Chotu was lost in 11.30... 

However for Sakshi her eyes just stuck with Arjun’s orbs... she raised on her toes and rested her forehead on his ... cupping her cheeks she gave a breathtaking smile...

Tu humsafar hai, phir kya fikar hai
Jeene ki wajah hi yahi marna issi ke liye 
Kehte hain khuda ne iss jahan mein sabhi ke liye
Kisi na kisi ko hai banaya har kisi ke liye

Like this a blissful sangeet passed... so did the other rituals... Sameer and Shree tried to get a glimpse of their loved ones however Arjun smartly bribed the waiter to get him clicks of Sakshi during haldi as well as Mehendi ceremony... 

HOwever on the day of mehendi he heard Sakshi say to Ambi and Amanpreet aunty... 

“Nahi Aunty.. nahi chahiye... zyaada mehendi mat do kyunki Arjun ko pasand nahi... aur biryani isliye mangwai kyunki Arjun ko pasand hai... nahi main lehenga nahi pehnoogi kyunki shayad Arjun ko pasand na lage... zyaada jewelry mat do...” Sakshi told... 

Arjun stood shocked... she was doing everything so as to he remains happy!

He walked in and told his aunties on the face “ Nahi... Sakshi ki haath mehendi se laal hone chahiye... she should wear the most beautiful lehenga... full of jewelry... she should be the most beautiful bride... iski baat bilkul mat suno...” he said... “Par war kuch nahi Sakshi... pasand toh tumhe karta hoon... itni cheezein toh hona hi chahiye!” he said... 

The aunties smiled in accordance and went forward with the proceedings... 

The marriage hour came soon and then they were wedded... together... 

----------------------------------------------

Sameer entered his room... after giving huge amounts of money... even to his newly wedded sister Sakshi!

He grumbled to Arjun “Abbey... tu usse pyaar main busy rakh na... mere paise kyun jaa rahe hai!” while Arjun just smirked at him... 

Ayesha stood near the bed... her fingers fumbling... she looked breathtaking...

She stood near the candles... her face glowing upon the luminescence of the candles... yet he could see the slight trembling of her fingers... her hands deep red in the color of his love... the henna...

Sammer cleared his throat and brought Ayesha’s attention to him... Ayesha looked at him and blushed... he too looked handsome...

He gently walked towards Ayesha and placed his hand on her shoulder... she hugged him tightly... he smiled and kept his turban aside... her heart was thudding... so was his..

He chinned her up... “Kya baat hai Ayesha...” he said... “I love you...” she whispered back... 

He nodded and kissed her forehead... he gently removed the flower maala and the chunari on top of her head... “Uffo... tum larkiyaan na... yeh sab kya laga ke ghoomte ho!” he said to divert her mind... “Arrey tum kya jaano Sameer...” she started to speak and by the time she was done speaking she realized that she was just in her lehenga... everything else was removed... her hair was open... his hands lingered near her waist when Ayesha stopped Sameer...

“ACP Sameer Damsingh Rathore.. yeh mat bhoolo ki main ek Senior Inspector hoon... aapke iraade kaafi achche se samaj chuke hai!” she smiled... 

Sameer placed his arms around her neck... “Toh Senior Inspector Ayesha Kapoor Rathore nek kaam main deri kaisi?” he winked... 

Ayesha giggled and played with the buttons of his sherwani... 

After a few minutes he scooped her in his arms and gently kept her in the bed... her dupatta came out... followed by his sherwani and her lehenga and choli... 

He gently made her a part of himself and tears were shed as they claimed each other... locking his hands with hers... hours later he hugged her tightly... “ I love you Mrs. Rathore...” he kissed her bare shoulder... he gently cupped her face... the kajal was smudged... her sindoor was smeared off... the lipstick was almost vanished... her hair tousled... her figure full of his beautiful marks... her lips swollen... he couldn’t help but give her another kiss... Ayesha gloried in his love and snuggled into his chest... “I love you too...”

With their souls interlocked they passed into deep slumber... looking towards the bright future ahead...

--------------------------------------------------------------

“Liza woh main...” Shree tried to say for the umpteenth time...

“Haan baba got it... I love you too!” Liza laughed and hugged him tight...

---------------------------------------------

Arjun slowly entered the room... he closed the door... a thousand thoughts ran through his head... whether he can keep Sakshi happy or not... whether he can give her a complete family... suddenly he noticed that Sakshi was nowhere in the room!

“Sakshi” he called softly... the room was beautifully decorated but that didn’t make a difference... he was waiting to find Sakshi....

He was tensed... he kept his turban and dupatta aside and looked for Sakshi... she looked breath taking in the lehenga...


He searched and finally found Sakshi sitting on grass... her knees close to her chest... the minute she saw Arjun’s tensed face she started pouting... 

He immediately sat next to Sakshi... “Sakshi... kya kuch kami reh gayi.. I knew it.. tum khush nahi ho na iss shadi se...” he said and held her shoulders... 

“Nako re! Tumhe toh bas faltu tension lena aata hai! Tumhe pata hai I have such a big problem!” Sakshi said animatedly... in a way that Arjun almost laughed... “Kya?”

“Arjun... hum kaunsa waala love karenge?” She asked cutely... 

“Kaunsa waala love ka matlab?” Arjun asked... thoroughly confused... 

“Arrey... dekho... yaha pe itne jagah hai na Suhagraat mana ne ke liye... toh kaha manaige... yeh grass main ya phir floor main... bed toh hai hi... wall main bhi... actually table pe bhi... actually bath tub bhi is a good idea na!” Sakshi said animatedly...

Arjun just stared at the woman... who is his wife in front... isn’t she supposed to be nervous... he asked her... “Aur koi jagah?”

“Hai na... in bathroom woh counter hai na... phir dressing table... aur couch bhi... toh ab hum suhagraat kaha manayenge!” Sakshi pouted... 

Arjun burst into laughter and fell on his back... he couldn’t stop laughing... “Sakshi!!!! Main darr gaya tha ki shayad kuch kami... but oh God... you are a bride! Sharmaana chahiye tumhe... tum saara ideas dogi toh main kya karoonga! Oh God!” he held his stomach and laughed like anything... 

Sakshi rested her chin on her knees and was enchanted by his laughter... the truth was today she wanted to remove every iota of doubt in his mind and wanted to see him smiling and laughing... 

Truth was she did feel shy... but anything to make her husband smile!

Arjun got up and helped her get up... she smiled and jumped up... 

Arjun rested on a wall and looked at Sakshi top to bottom... “Aisi kya dekh rahe ho Arjun!” she complained... trying to avoid the blush that crept up her cheeks... 
He slowly encircled Sakshi in his arms and pulled her close... she closed her eyes... “Thank you Sakshi for making me laugh...” he said softly... 

Sakshi looked into his eyes... “Kya laga... mujhe pata nahi chalega tum kya kya kar rahi ho taki main khush ho jaun?” he smiled at her... she blushed and looked aside...

“Waise aaj ander hot pink aur black pehna hai kya...” Arjun told her huskily... Sakshi suddenly poked his torso and ran away from his grip “Khud hi dekh lo ACP Sahab!” she winked at him... running towards the other side of the bed... 

Arjun grinned and removed his sherwani to reveal his caramel body... tucking his shoti tighter he looked at Sakshi... his eyes held the look of a Lion... a lion about to eat his prey... 

Sakshi gaped shamelessly at her husband... his torso, chest, abs were perfectly ripped... she flustered and turned deep red... when her eyes met his... she shied and went near the wall... 

As he approached her closer she was stuck near the corner... “Arjun not fair... main stuck hoon na...” but her rest of the words drowned when he came increasingly close and she tried to avoid looking at his perfect body... 

Looking at her apple red cheeks he grinned at his effect on her... tracing his hands down to her arms he slowly removed every piece of jewelry on her hands... Sakshi was breathing hard... her eyes shut tightly as he kissed her red henna designed palm... 

“Kya hua Sakshi... tumhe toh day 1 se toh bohot interest tha na!” he quipped to find her severely blushed... 

He picked her up in his arms... “Aankhein kholo Sakshi...” he said huskily...

She opened her eyes to find herself in his strong arms... her cheeks blazed as it was right next to his bare skin... 

“Bolo kaha rakhoon tumhe... grass pe... floor pe.. wall ke against... bed pe... bathtub pe...” he teased her and she kept her palms on his mouth... “Satau mat Arjun... pleaaaaasseee...” she said cutely... 

“Acha... kisine yeh kaha tha mujhe kuch der pehle... waise abs count kar liya na... 6 packs hi hai...” Arjun teased her further... Sakshi hid her face in her palms...

Arjun smiled and kissed her head... he sat on the bed... with her on his lap... he gently removed the chunari over her head... then the jhumkas and kissed her earlobe... she clutched his shoulders and gasped... he smiled and removed her mang tikka.. kissing her forehead... he opened her braid and shuffled her silky smooth hair... he sniffed the exotic fragrance of her hair... she gasped his name and he smiled again... he removed the nose ring... planting a soft kiss on her nose tip... she cupped his jaws in her soft hands... 

He took her feet and removed the heavy anklets... caressing her soft cute toes... he gently played with her necklace and removed it... placing wet kisses on her collarbones... she threw her head back in ecstasy... as his kisses went lower she pushed him aside... 

Arjun cocked his eyebrow and looked at her amused... her dupatta away and standing in her loose choli and ghagra... 

“Oye Arjun... aise kya dekh rahe ho? AUr kitni der sharmaun? Sab toh nikal hi diya tumne... besharam!” Sakshi teased and ran towards the balcony... 

Arjun followed her out of the bed... “Naughty Mrs. Rawte... not fair...” he teased and pulled every string of her choli and it slipped out... 

Sakshi gasped and covered her chest... well the choli had paddings so she wasn’t wearing a... 

Arjun himself was shocked to see her total bare back... Sakshi pulled her thick hair in front and covered her chest... she was shy... and embarrassed... 

Arjun slowly walked towards her and hugged her tight against his chest... “I am sorry Sakshi.. I didn’t know that u would not have anything on.. am sorry...” he kissed her cheek... 

His body reacted upon feeling her soft chest... “Ssh.. Arjun... it’s fine... she said softly...

He slowly scooped her in his arms and laid her on the bed... she slept on her stomach as he showered kisses on her bare back... she kept the pillow near her heart as Arjun tugged on her lehenga... she pulled the blanket over them... by mistake she pulled his dhoti... 

She looked at him shocked and closed her eyes... though not being able to stop laughing... 

Arjun laughed and pulled her close to him... “Hmm... dhoti khol di ab toh punishment milega Sakshi!” he placed hot kisses near her neck and lips... finally he captured her lips and kissed her hard... 

He rolled over her and her eyes popped out in sensation... he gently held her hips... kissing her soft muscles he twisted their souls into one.. Sakshi cried his name out... her henna hands clawing his powerful back... tears flowed out in pleasure... the ecstatic smile on her face removed every insecurity out of Arjun’s mind... 

He passionately made love to her till the crack of dawn... he gathered her near his arms... she breathed heavily... he captured her mumbling words of love in his mouth... holding her exhausted yet content body near his... both slipped in pure dreamless sleep... 

For their reality was better than any dream...
-----------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment